Thursday, January 24, 2013

Words

Hawk Nelson came out with a new song just this past week.
 
"Words"
by
Hawk Nelson
 

"They've made me feel like a prisoner
They've made me feel set free
They've made me feel like a criminal
Made me feel like a king

They've lifted my heart
To places I'd never been
And they've dragged me down
Back to where I began

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear
(Speak over the fear)
God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear
(We need to hear)


Let the words I say
(Let the words I say)
Be the sound of Your grace
(Sound like Your grace)
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

I wanna speak Your love
Not just another noise
Oh, I wanna be Your light
I wanna be Your voice."
 
"I don't wanna say a word unless it points the world back to You."  WOW!!  I heard this song and it hit me hard. I am so guilty of throwing words out with the desire to harm others.  I've said things I've regretted, or said things that have hurt others.  We don't often think about the impact of our words.  We just talk and talk and talk without thinking about what is actually coming out.  Words hurt more than anything else.  It determines our attitudes, our actions and our reactions.  Words are powerful.  WE need to think before we speak.  I don't want to say a word unless it points the world back to God.  Yeah, I'm not perfect.  I won't be good at thinking before speaking right away.  You won't be perfect, your friends and family won't be perfect.  But that's not the point.  If you and I think BEFORE we speak and focus and pointing back to God rather than for ourselves, that will affect and change the world.  Words are a key factor into changing the world.  Think about it, chew on it, and speak His love, not just another noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment